Friday, June 1, 2012

I have learned the secret of how to be content


Right now in this *cave that I am living in I am reminded of how blessed I am because Christ empowers me with His sufficiency!

Philippians 4:11-13
(AMP)
11 Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.

12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want.

13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].

*Cave – Due to fibromyalgia, limes disease and fatigue I can't stand or sit for long.  I haven’t worked in 5 1/2 years and have no income. For the past nine months I have been living in a renovated garage/apartment with no running water or toilet facilities. The electricity is a cord from the laundry room of the wonderful Christian sister who has answered the call to serve the Lord by giving me a roof over my head at no cost.

I have been turned down for disability because I am able to ride a bicycle to my doctor's appointments. Everybody says that I need exercise because I am diabetic and lie in a recliner all day flat on my back, but I can't afford physical therapy. Just as well, because of the bicycle riding I have been able to come off of the insulin I was on, I lost 30 lbs. (while on my primary care doctors guidance). I get food-stamps and am on indigent health care. 
I bath once a week by filling a bucket of water from a spicket outside the laundry room and use the adjoining apartment which has no running water either but has a shower stall and a toilet. I use the bucket also to flush the toilet. I have three fans going to keep me cool from the 106° weather outside. The tin roof of the apartment has no insulation. I cook on a portable counter-top burner and have a thermos cooler to keep a few things cold. (I rotate frozen gallon jugs of water – that I freeze in my dear sister’s chest freezer in the laundry room to chill the thermos - I also make ice cubes in the freezer.)


Praise God thru the electricity and the laptop computer my sister has given me I am able to put out 18 blogs, (eight of which are daily devotionals) and also prepare songs that I use to lead worship at my church. I play an electric/acoustic classical guitar that a brother in the Lord gave me. The two of us are in a band, Thessalonas. (You can visit us online at www.thessalonas.com)

I’m not writing this to get sympathy I just want to show how thankful I am for the Lord’s provision. Over 85% of the world’s population live on $4 a day! I’m living like a king!

References:
Translation retrieved from http://www.biblegateway.com/  BibleGateway.com © Copyright 1995-2010 Gospel Communications International
Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Email: classicdevotionals@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment